Rap Tutorials: Senor Perfecto's School Of Rhymes...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senor Perfecto View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
1st Battle Winner! AM I 'ECK

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Text Rank: #6
Stats: 66-36-2
Form: WLWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Senor Perfecto's School Of Rhymes...
    Posted: 05 September 2004 at 5:15pm

Enrol now...

[EDIT]Classes are intended primarily for newbies... but anyone wishing to elevate may feel free to participate...[/EDIT]

Adios...

Edited by Seņor Perfecto
Abstrakt View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 32-17-2
Form: LLNNWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Abstrakt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2004 at 6:03pm
rolling
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2004 at 6:09pm

Raptor's homework: Keystyle about what drugs you do and why you do them...

Adios...

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2004 at 6:54pm
Lets see what yee can teach me...
TeQuiLaSunRiSe View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TeQuiLaSunRiSe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2004 at 7:02pm

ill enroll...ill keystyle it later...

peace

POP POPPITY WHAT, I Know Yall Aint Poppin At Us

Cuz One or Two Punches Will Leave You TALKIN LIKE SEAN CONNERY DOES

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 6:09am

Homework for IceC and TequilaSunrise: Each post a keystyle to big each other up...

Raptor... your homework is due tomorrow morning...

Adios...

Noxious View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 63-59-3
Form: NWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Noxious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 10:29am
Rolling...

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 10:36am

Sorry bout the paragraph format...u'll get over it

I see a, Tequila on the SunRise, chillin wit the ELITE guys, exchangin high fives and i dont mean c-notes, we hope that these quotes are memorable, TS LA's general even if he's seen as an annoyance - he flow with flamboyance and bouyancy you'll see when this cat drops flames with me, he's weathered Gods, phattest TS i seen since TerrorSquad...He a fat jo, never spit whack yo...never felt a sense of trepidation forwarding his ELITE application, he form the foundation of frustration, rap sensation, emcees need patience else he'll tear you and ya Renegade relations....

That'll do...

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 7:50pm

A-Clipz... drop the most complex spit you've ever written...  By complex... i do not mean use words you've never heard of before...  For the subject of this spit... tell us the history of LA from when you joined up until now...  Take your time with this one...  If it's not shit-hot then I do not want to read it...

IceC... nice original rhyme scheme and flow...  The paragraph layout saved you having to think of a suitable structure...  Rapid rhymes... hence there would have been some very long and some very short lines...  Makes a good change to the usual two-line rhyme, MSN-shit...

Towards the end you resorted to suffix-rhymes...  I don't have a problem with this and often use them myself... but I heard some peeps find them unoriginal...

I don't see what other help I can give you... considering the work I've seen from you... assuming they're all your own...

Other than this:  I do not know how fast you can type... maybe very fast... maybe almost as fast as me...  But learn to type faster and more effortlessly than you do now...  The art of Keystyling is to type as rhymes come into your head...  Type faster so you're not focused on the act of typing then thoughts will come easier and flow will improve...  That applies to everyone else if not you, IceC...

Other than that... you've graduated...

Fancy a battle...?  Three rounds...?

Adios...

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 8:09pm

3rounds is coo, if ya set it so it gah 3 different types of verses it would be different (like flow/traditional/topical) ...something like that wud be more interestin n judge on a wider range of writing skills....

PEace

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 6:29pm

If there are no further questions then we shall begin classes soon...

Disclaimer:  Seņor Perfecto's School Of Rhymes is not an officially-recognised school... and Seņor Perfecto is not qualified as a teacher...

But fuck it...  I cannot teach you how to rhyme because you all do that already... well or poorly...  What I can do... is offer ways for you to be more creative...  Like I said... Seņor Perfecto's School Of Rhymes is aimed at unearthing and developing talent... and is not intended to patronise members whose talents almost outweigh my own...

But feel free to drop a quality spit if you need your ego boosting...

Adios...

Noxious View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Noxious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 2:46am
My HomeWork... well... just look at my Tourny Battle wit chu... & i do only do work in school... fuck homework

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 7:48am

1. Lyrics...

What is a lyric...?  A lyric is what MCs use in their day-to-day business...  It might be a good lyric... it might not... but the thing to remember is that lyrics are important...  Without lyrics... you are not an MC...  Just remember that when you have no lyrics...  I've read about a young lad growing up in the mean streets of Kent who tried to impress a girl with big tits by claiming to be a rapper... but when he tried to rap he went slightly red...

What would you rap about...?  Different lyrics are suitable for different occasions...  Do you freestyle...?  Or do you just recite some well-rehearsed battle-verse that you wrote for a website...?

A good rap can be as simple as possible... as long as the lyrical content is good...  Complexity merely gives the rap more style...  There are millions of ways of saying the same thing... so it is acceptable to re-use old concepts as long as it is done originally...

Punches and wordplay are good for battles... but not for anything else...  It is very easy to sit at home thinking of good one-liners to use against your next opponent... then matching it with another one-liner that ends with the same rhyme...  Put them together and you have a winning battle-spit...  This is the talentless basis of MSN-spits...  Each line may contain a punch... possibly even some wordplay... but overall... it is very uncreative and the sum of the parts is not greater than the whole...

A-Clipz... your Tourney verse against me is a prime example of this...  It has MSN written all over it...  Drop a non-battle spit about anything you want...

Adios...

Noxious View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Noxious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 10:41am
iight... i will... but when i get back from my Cuz'nz... i gota Baby sit

Eternity View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 8-4-3
Form: NWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Eternity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 7:51pm
How long are you sitting on that baby for? Jebus!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 7:54pm

Don't worry...  Social Services are on their way round...

Adios...

Eternity View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Eternity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 8:03pm

lol, oh well, I always thought there was something unusual about him... Never mind...

Teach me what you know, Fido...

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 8:05pm

Finish this...  We'll see how your consistency is over three rounds...

Adios...

Eternity View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Eternity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 8:08pm

1: I'm in your crew, now.
2: 3 Rounds is too much!
3: ...There isn't a three!

Adios...

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 8:12pm
That's the whole point...

You should be able to come up with enough personals on me based on my activity this past week alone to produce a 20 line spit...  And then... from the moment you post your first spit till the moment you begin to write your second... you should have more things to say...

Go for it...

[EDIT]Do not hold back just because we represent the same crew...[/EDIT]

Adios...

Edited by Seņor Perfecto
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic