Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lyrical Assault for Mobile Devices
    Posted: 23 September 2005 at 6:35am
hi, just wondering if anyone has a portable device?
like a PDA or a Mobile phone that supports HTTP

i recently got a PDA for my birthday and as the screens small, so are web pages, so i came up with an idea, make a "Portable Friendly LA" so that people with PDAs can view a version of LA thats designed for PDAs

heres an example of what the current LA looks like in a PDA:

i plan to make it so people can check posts and other things on LA when there out and able, it'll only be a basic version of LA, and i might even make support for skins on it

but it depends how usefull this will be, it'd help me check up on LA if am out and the plan is it'd help members to, so would anyone be interested in a site that would enable you to view LA while your away?
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Stats: 40-32-1
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 7:51am
yep. idea sounds dope.

I'm so fucking intelligent, half the time I don't even know what I'm saying...
ImGreat View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-0-0
Form: W
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ImGreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 7:16pm
nice i would finally be able to post more than once every 2 weeks
Im Great
Senor Perfecto View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
1st Battle Winner! AM I 'ECK

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Text Rank: #6
Stats: 66-36-2
Form: WLWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 7:24am

At least this is slightly more relevant than some fucking arcade games... which I can beat you all at...

But the PDA version of LA should just be a basic extension of what we already have...  It should give Members the functions they need: reading... posting... crew-jumping... etc... but certain functions should be deliberately withheld for PDA users...  There is no need for changeable skins on PDA as long as there is one aesthetically pleasing skin...  PDA users may be denied the right to log in anonymously or send private messages...

We do not want Members using the PDA version ahead of the main website... as this encourages spam-on-the-go... especially from egotistical Members who come from a Post/Rank-based website...

Adios...

Demonic View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

X Fade II

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Stats: 2-4-0
Form: LLWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Demonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 12:27pm
Yeah good idea, I try'd to access it before and the screen was half cut so yeah should be nice

dollaz View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-2-1
Form: WLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dollaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 5:50pm
that a really good idea but might cost some money
PIMP MASTA DOLLAZ
LyriKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-7-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LyriKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 9:25am
Whats the link?
Brotha Goose View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 10-10-0
Form: LWLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brotha Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 10:10am
my Galaxy 3 runs LA flawlessly, actually all of my postsvare made from it, but an App wud be the biz
"I like your style."....."I like your moves."
-Starsky n Hutch....(Stiller/Wilson remake)
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 10:13am
This shit is ancient, back when the vast majority of phones couldn't access the web properly.

There will be a mobile version of the site built, for modern smartphones, soon. But there will never be an App, as that is pure overkill.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Brotha Goose View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 10-10-0
Form: LWLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brotha Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 10:18am
Ya....maybe a lil overkill....
"drreeeaaam, dream, dream dream......" lol
levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 12:12pm
Shit ive only posted from my phone the majority of the time since i jpined i havmt had a problem wit the format wit my samsung optimum but always open to new shite
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 6:29pm
Ha what a window into the recent past this thread is...2005, man that was only eight years ago...

Scooter = visionary, clearly
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2013 at 6:56am
Originally posted by -Orion- -Orion- wrote:

Ha what a window into the recent past this thread is...2005, man that was only eight years ago...

Scooter = visionary, clearly

Visionary and speaker of truth. You wanted the real web on a portable device two years before the iPhone!
Insert something rappy here
Dougysnuggy View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-11-5
Form: NWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2013 at 1:10pm
This thread was posted the day I turned 8! Damnnn. SO long ago. Sorry for the free post.
LyriKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-7-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LyriKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 6:44am
Badly needs mobile version of the site, It doesn't work smoothly on my mobile,that's why I'm unable to stay active here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic