News & Announcements: Happy 20th Birthday LA!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy 20th Birthday LA!
    Posted: 19 October 2023 at 7:52pm
Sup all....

Firstly, 20 years ago (yesterday) I set up the current incaration of Lyrical Assault (from previous versions dating back to August 2000), a lot has happened over those years.

I was hoping to release LA 2.0 today, but unfortuately like a lot of the old faces, I'm not that 15 year old kid fooling around after school anymore, so I don't really have a lot of time to dedicate to this site any more. 

With a career as a senior wbe developer, home owner, doggy daddy (hate that term but whatever), uncle and playing Farming Simulator with KayB, it doesn't really leave a lot of time for things like this.

I know the sites screwed up but as a 20th birthday present I'm finally starting work on building the mythical LA 2.0, if only to shut down this legacy (and costly) hosting package and move it to my own server. This would allow me to at least keep the site up for historical purposes if the community has actually finally died.

If anyone is even still around, drop a message
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2023 at 11:11pm
We're still watching, I might join in Spumes "bump a random verse" game soon.

Happy 20th anniversary!
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2023 at 7:43pm
Many happy returns then Scooter
I'm certain I'm not the only person who would appreciate you keeping LA alive in some form
Every now and then I really like looking back through the archives..... You created a whole unique micro universe in here

Join me Cubes....

JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2023 at 12:08am
Scotty I owe you so much I honed writing skills i still use today here!

This site holds a special place in my heart! Hope to see the new site soon!

Cheers LA! 
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2023 at 8:49am
I'm still watching, waiting for a new revival. I could never forget about this place. Happy 20th LA!
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2023 at 1:18pm
I never sign in anymore. But for some reason out there, something made me want to check out the site. 

Low & behold. 
I'd come back at the very least to help with managing stuff if 2.0 were to come out.
My writing days are probably over though. 
Go my Minions!

Swift Styles View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-4-1
Form: WWLWNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Swift Styles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2023 at 9:24pm
Happy 20th birthday check in. Surprised this is still going but estates at the same time.
This place is stacked with nostalgia, and endless elevation of countless members over these year. It’s really truly great too see. Keep working your craft, keep living, stay dope LA
Rapper T View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2023 at 8:15pm
Choice Scotty.

I stay checking in on the discord and the website. This site really helped sharpen my pen and I attribute it to some of the best learning I've had in lyricism. Granted, I jumped in here as a n00b that challenged some of the greats, but as a platform for greats to sharpen the steel of others it was and is unforgettable.

Will stay checking in and creating. Good looking out 32. Stay up.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2023 at 12:50pm
lunatics run the asylum.
#Bananas
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2023 at 3:37pm
How far removed are we from the new site Scotty?
Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shankley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2023 at 8:28pm
Wow 20 years is crazy

Congrats on that Clap
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2023 at 4:04pm
HBD LA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic